Friday, January 1, 2010

Just one on 1/1/10

I have but one resolution this year and it is this....I resolve to obtain all my 2010 reading material from the Public Library when possible.

Coming soon will be my word for the year. The words I've been toying with are Whimsy and Notice....but I will spend the first week of 2010 ruminating and "noticing" what feels right for me. Stay tuned.
In the meantime, I will reflect on the my word for 2009 which was ALLOW.

I don't have any huge insights as to how this word played out for me...but I have a strong sense that it was woven throughout all of my actions and thoughts and deeds this year. One thought comes to mind is that I feel that I learned to "let go" more this year and from that I've had some great things happen. I believe that letting go is the sweet spot for getting what you want and it is a tough one to pin down. Its one of those things that is like a feeling that I will recognize when I feel it but cannot make it happen an a whim...or at least not at the moment. To let go for me means I'm "allowing" the space for things to align which will be in my best interest and I could never MAKE what happens happen by being graspy and controlling over the outcome. So with that, I "allowed" a few things that I can think of:

  • Change of schools for the kids

  • Certification with Martha Beck

  • Cleaning lady

  • Photography clients

  • Therapist who 'fits me'

  • Amazing connections (coaching colleagues)

  • Weight loss

  • "Let go" of my expectations of others (still working on it)

  • Clients

  • Cool "almost magic" coincidences

Whatever word I decide, I will make sure that the concept of letting go/allowing is implied because I feel as though I would like to practice this more and witness what transpires...I predict some cool stuff coming my way...and guess what, it already happened...I got a present in the mail from American Express, it is a "cooler" shopping bag that affixes to your cart at the grocery store. It allows your cold/frozen goods to stay that way while on errands and such. I have been wanting one but it never made it to my list of things to buy...and Voila, it shows up at my doorstep in the form of a gift. MAGIC

No comments: