Thursday, January 21, 2010

MIxed Emotions


Here are the range of emotions I had in the past 30 minutes:


  • Rushed - running late for 4th grade math night

  • Nervous - leaving the kids alone for 40 minutes during math night

  • Connected - talking to a few moms before the session began

  • Bored - not really keen on math in general

  • Nervous - when I saw the math worksheets that we were going to have to do

  • Embarrassed - my phone began to ring just after the session began

  • Annoyed - it was my daughter calling

  • Nervous - she informed me she had cut her finger

  • Logical - trying to figure out if it was a real emergency

  • Compassionate - she began to cry out of fear and pain

  • Rushed - trying to hurry home

  • Regret - should have remembered to tell them NOT to use knives while I was out AND maybe it is too early to leave them alone

  • Relief - that her finger doesn't require an emergency room visit

  • Useful - I cleaned the cut, applied Neosporin, put a clean band aid on, and provided Motrin for the pain

  • Super duper relief - that I had a legitimate excuse to get out of 4th grade math night

  • Guilt - that I am not heading back to 4th grade math night

  • Rebellious - math night "schmath" night...I am not leaving the kids again just to be bored/confused to tears

  • Grateful - my kids are ok, I am not doing 4th grade math, and I should get credit for at least trying to go (you know for darn sure that I'm going to email the teacher to give them my "excuse" for leaving early)

After that smorgasbord of emotion...I feel as though I need a drink!

No comments: