Monday, June 9, 2008

I know I'm her mom but...

So Princess has always shown signs of being artsy fartsy and I've tried to honor that side of her. Sometimes I think I should really go for it and do it all...piano lessons, drama, choir, dance...but then that would require a significant investment, and oh by the way, she may not REALLY be that talented. Anyway, we've been reading the poems of Shel Silverstein and she's been inspired to write her own pieces of work. Yesterday she wrote 4 poems and the first was her most inspired, and her second was a hoot...so here they are:

My Dream

Once I had a dream
It was what I wanted
Over the mountain where I could see the sea
Where dolphins were my only friends
Though I felt sad, I was glad I had friends
Some day my dream will come true
And so, I hope to go over the mountain, I do.

City Girl

I’m a city girl
I said that I’m a city girl
I live now in the country
Where it is nice and quiet
But, I miss the city
Where I can go shopping
Oh, oh….I’m a city girl.

Note: Princess is the one with face to audience in the middle of the 3 girls that are closest to the front of the stage...does that make sense?

No comments: