Friday, June 6, 2008

What month is it?

OK, I've ordered the straight jacket just in case I do really lose it. The weather here is abysmal and I've had it! Right now it is 48 degrees and it is raining, and it has been this way all week. The weather man (and he is a man on the channel I'm watching) keeps calling it October/June... neat! They've even reported snow at the higher elevations...isn't that neat too! I'm usually 'go with the flow' on things even regarding the weather, but I think I've found my breaking point. The only silver lining in this whole thing is that last year at this time it was much warmer and the poor kids were learning in little 'boiler rooms'. The other thing about boiler room classrooms is that when the kids get to 4th grade they move up a floor in the building. You know that heat rises, right? Well, heat rising, hot day and 100+ (pre)pubescent teens makes for an interesting and stinky learning environment. My kids aren't 'there' yet, so we've not experienced this phenomenon, but it isn't far away.

Last night I was sitting at the dinner table with my face toward the window. The sun actually decided to peek out of the clouds to tease me. The sun was shining straight into my eye making me squint. My sweet son offered to close the blinds. I turned to him with an almost psychotic look and said, NO! (in a nice way of course because I am the most wonderful mom in the whole wide world, right?). I sat there, closed my eyes and took in the sun for the moment that it was there. That is called 'living in the moment'....well the moment left me (and so did the sun) and I had a 'little' spark in me for a bit. But now I'm back to my near nervous breakdown status.

No comments: