Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Speed Fun (akin to Speed Dating)

Yesterday I took my 'charges' downtown again for a day of adventure in a different part of town. Well there is so much to do for kids in this part of town that I had to plan the day to the minute and have the kids only enjoy each activity for just enough time. So we:
  1. Went to our favorite breakfast joint
  2. Went to a scenic viewing spot that has a new 'modern' playground
  3. Changed into swimming clothes
  4. Went to a huge water fountain that the kids can run through
  5. Changed out of swimming clothes
  6. Rode two rides on the mini carnival area
  7. Went to the Science Center
  8. Ate our picnic lunch
  9. Went back into the Science Center
  10. Watched KungFu Panda on the IMAX screen
  11. Drove home in traffic
  12. Fell down in exhaustion when we got home.
Just as I uttered the words, "I'm worn out", my husband offered me the opportunity to go to the gym if I wanted..."heck no" is all I could mutter. I have issues with working out in the evening. I also have a few issues with envy for my husband's ability to choose his most appropriate hour to exercise and I have to work within the parameters of when I can have someone watch the kids. I think this envy issue is more than just the fact that I can't go on a drop of a dime. It is bigger and more complex, like, I wish I had the desire, I wish I didn't make excuses, I wish that I could go when I wanted which is probably around 7:30am an hour before the school bus comes in the school year, and right when my husband is leaving for his own gym experience or for meetings. In a perfect world right?

As I just wrote this I looked at the bracelet I recently bought. It is one of those silver bracelets that have inspirational sayings on them. This one is a Gandhi quote that says "What you think, you become". I need to start thinking, "I am a fitness freak, I like to workout whenever and wherever I can, I am a fitness freak"....this may take a while to sink in...until then, I'll put my feet up and relax a bit.

No comments: