Thursday, June 12, 2008

Word Association: Echo

I decided that when my brain was stuck that I'd use the dictionary and play word association and see what it brings to mind. So today I 'dipped' into my dictionary, pointed to a word and read it (mind you the words are TINY and it took me a while to decipher what word I found). So the word is Echo and my mind went to the Italian word Ecco. For some reason, I hear my dad saying this. We lived in Italy for 2 years when I was in high school and beginning of college. I somehow think that my dad liked the word and used it often...but it has been over 20 years since I was there, so...memories do fade. This took me for the search of the spelling and definition of the Italian word which is Ecco meaning "here it is". Well, I like that word too, it makes me feel like its an accomplishment kind of word. I've been looking for my $100 and Ecco! I've lost my key (which I do often), Ecco! I lost my mind, Ecco!

No comments: