Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Flying High

I think I might be able to say that I am officially over my 'fear of flying'. I still have my moments but I do not tense up at every sound, bump, or turn of the plane. That isn't to say that I won't continue to 'pre-lube' before and during the flight. Yesterday my good friend fixed me a yummy bloody mary before my trip and then I had a couple beers to keep me going. I know that this isn't my mom's favorite quality about me...but if she wants to see me now and in the future, she'll just have to look the other way. I did try an anti-anxiety pill once but that had no effect. I cannot say I look forward to flying yet, but I can say that it isn't as incredibly overwhelming insanely scary anymore. I could write a comedy about all of the strategies I had to combat my nerves when I was at the height of my fears....one of which was singing "This little light of mine" while staring at the splay of light on the floors and rocking back and forth for about an hour as the plane swayed back and forth in a windstorm...if that isn't a picture of insanity, I don't know what is?

No comments: