Friday, June 5, 2009

Winging it

I have found myself once again "winging" it with elements of my life. This time it is business cards. I am meeting with like-minded people this weekend to immerse ourselves in all things related to being a life coach (and a damn good one too). Well, I have put off the 'business side' of my business (no website, no cards, no separate phone line, no legal documents). I believe this is sign that I am not quite ready...but soon ...to launch. I know that almost everyone will have cards, and websites, and professional blogs, and many paying clients...so I thought at least I'd have SOMETHING to hand out. I asked my friend to design a card. Then I went to print it...the paper size is wrong, the ink is a little 'off', but by golly I have some "cards". This may just incentivize me to actually go a little more 'pro' the next time...or maybe not. As a common saying in our program goes..."I'm willing to suck at it"...and right now I "suck" at the business-side of coaching...I believe that I will be inspired to action at some point...but for now...I'm winging it.

No comments: