Saturday, June 20, 2009

Here and there

So the day I wished for came...the end of school and now I wonder what it was I was looking forward to. I am being fecicious but it is a conundrum in that you wish for school to be out, but the alternative is taking care of your kids 24/7 for 2+ months. If you don't 'do camps' then you're actually figuring out how to entertain them. If you have kids that say "I'm bored" on a regular basis you may end up incarcerated for strangling one of them. But, with that all being said, I do love the summer with my kids. I love waking up with no agenda. I love deciding what different thing we'll do each day. I love coordinating with other kids to have an adventure. I also love doing nothing all day long.

This summer will not play out quite like that until August because we're booked solid with travel. Maybe next year, my summer will be more mellow. Or maybe not!

No comments: