Friday, September 4, 2009

In her shoes

It seems that every morning my daughter has a shoe battle. I feel that this battle has been going on since birth. What is it with her feet? Why are they so sensitive? AAAARGH. This shoe battle has been a daily issue this first week of school and one of the problems is that her feet have grown. She is nearing my size which is CA-RAZY...she is ONLY NINE YEARS OLD. If kids are like puppies, I'm thinking that she will be huge as she "grows into those feet" especially if they keep growing. One of the big issues for me is the "investment" in these shoes. I am convinced that the moment we plunk down our money for the shoes and wear them a week, her foot will have grown...and any good "worth wearing" shoe is at least $40 (and that is even rare). This week has been my incentive to take that girl out and buy a few pair of shoes THAT FIT and that don't have any random bump, knob, string that will hurt her foot.

I am tired of the battle and negative energy we start our mornings with...in fact this morning I said "bitch" under my breath because she was so mean to me about HER SHOES that I just couldn't take it anymore. She didn't hear me but I know she felt my frustration. It physically hurts me when she treats me with such rudeness, anger etc. I know I have to work on ME about this issue...but by golly, cut a mom some slack...I feel I work with good intentions to help make her life good and right and then she "slaps me" with her attitude and then I'm crushed. AND DON'T EVEN REMIND ME THAT SHE ISN'T A TEENAGER YET!

No comments: