Saturday, September 5, 2009

To Dye for

My daughter's soccer team is the GREEN VIPERS and they need new shirts this season. We parents don't really want to spend the 20+ dollars for the 'real jerseys' you can buy at the sporting good stores, so I decided to take it upon myself to figure this one out. Normally we buy a $5 shirt from Target that says soccer on it and call it a day. This year, they were sold out. So....I bought white t-shirts and have dyed them Chartreuse. I had intended to do white and chartreuse tie dye but all I accomplished was Chartreuse and Chartreuse. So...I went back out and bought purple die to try to add an extra element. I am known for liking to do "crafts" but I have never felt my products are stellar (the process is more fun than the product). So, I'm feeling a little nervous that the 10 Chartreuse shirts with purple swirls will look like 10 green shirts that red wine has spilled on (they have to dry over night all rubber banded up).

At some point I will pay each and every girl to say that they did the craft themselves. That would free me of any random stares from the "soccer moms" whose girls have fancy shirts (with their names on them), matching socks, and sweatshirts with their team name. We'll be deceptively "patched together" and then they'll witness our VIPER POWER on the field. Its not how you look its how you play...right? That will be the speech I will be giving the team next week when they get their "wine stained" soccer shirts.

No comments: