Saturday, May 31, 2008

Powers

I had a dream last night about a friend I knew in San Francisco. I remember it being a fun dream but cannot remember the details. I do recall waking up thinking I should email her just to say hi and tell her she was in my dream.

Just now, I experienced a weird coincidence. I came to sit at my desk and HER Christmas card was sitting at my desk (with a lovely picture of her two children). My kids have been at my desk so I know its something that they dug up from somewhere, but I don't have the cards out, I have no idea where the card was before it was on my desk AND why is it that THAT card is the one on my desk. I've been having some pretty amazing coincidences in the past month and I really like it but also I'm a little 'Twilight Zone' about it too. Just this week I've had about 3 incidences where I've mentioned something or someone and then it has come up in a totally unrelated scenario the next day or shortly after.

When I lived in London in 1997 I had a 'moment' like this. Here is the story. I believe that I am responsible for the death of John Denver. And why you may ask? Well, I was speaking to a fellow American about John Denver songs and how at parties in college the boys would show up and scoff at our collection of John Denver CDs (like what 'lame-Os'). But, without fail, when "I'm Leavin' On a Jet Plane" came on, who would be singing the song at the top of their lungs, those very same boys. OK, so I told my friend this story and the VERY NEXT DAY the report came out that he had died the day before (the same day I was talking about him). I know it is a coincidence, but I didn't normally mention John Denver on a regular basis, it was a one off conversation about something that wasn't important or relevant in my life and then he dies...creepy!

I told my friend the other day that I think I have powers. Now I need to 'hone' the powers so that my Mini Cooper shows up (stick shift please) and my million dollars and the trip to Italy with my husband sans kids and, and, and....oh yeah, and a cure for cancer and world peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just remember to use your powers for good and not evil. :-)
Chris
www.ChrisMoreau.com