Saturday, October 25, 2008

7 until 7

Monkey will be turning 7 in 7 days (Nov 1). He has been talking about this birthday since the summer. About 2 months ago we made a birthday countdown chain for him so he could figure out the days (instead of me having to). It has worked a charm. Now that the day is imminent, he will wake up and the first thing out of his mouth is...9 more days until my birthday, 8 more days, today of course will be 7. It is hard to honor the excitement of the child while also dealing with the tedium of answering the same questions (when is my birthday?, is it almost my birthday?, how many days until my birthday?) for over 4 months. I HOPE we don't let him down on that birthday since he's been doing some serious dreaming about it. We'll need to start the 'Santa chain' shortly after his birthday because I suspect that will be the new record playing at our house.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I love this idea and will be using it at my house too! Thanks for sharing it!