Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The conundrum of socks

My goal for yesterday was to match all of the socks that had been collecting over the past 2 months. It had gotten to a point where every day I had to scrounge for a pair of socks for each kid (and myself). Enough was enough and I final tackled the huge basket that hadn't been folded. It is sometimes a rewarding task (and therapeutic) until the bitter end when you realize there are about 30 socks that have no mates and you have no earthly idea where to find them. I always have a mind to 'dump' the whole lot of them, but the other part of me is hopeful that the matches will be found. What is THAT all about? There must be some psychological term for being hopeful that one day all socks will have their mates returned...sockmatchephrenia? Anyway, as I always do, I save the socks for probably a year and then just dump them all at once. I'm sure some group would take my mismatched socks...I should try to find a home for them!

No comments: