Monday, October 27, 2008

I got Shushed

I went to see High School Musical 3 with a gaggle of girls yesterday. There was another mom to share in this experience. The movie delivered exactly what I expected...pure campyness. We moms sat to the side of the girls and kept groaning, sighing, giggling etc over the predictability, cheesyness and so on. At one point I decided to dictate an alternate plot for the show where Troy and Gabriella make a bad choice and end up not making it to college, raising a kid and not having everything work out so 'shiny' as the actual movie did. That got both us giggling and all our little girls shushed us. We moms both concurred that Troy IS dreamy. But, I wonder if when he sees this movie played back that he is a tiny bit embarrassed by the over the top dramatic acting and singing that he did....well, if you get a pretty paycheck at age 21, I think you'll suffer the humiliation all the way to the bank.

No comments: