Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Field Trip



Things I liked on the first grade field trip to a farm:
  1. The excitement of the kids
  2. The exposure to nature and how things work
  3. Watching the teacher treat the kids respectfully while also imparting rules and behavior expectations
  4. Being with my son and watching him enjoy life
  5. Taking pictures of nature
  6. Seeing the fall leaves at their best
  7. Seeing a bear paw print in the mud (thankfully not the bear)
  8. Seeing an artichoke growing
  9. Hearing a rooster crow
  10. Hearing a turkey gobble

Things I did not like

  1. Taking children to the porta potty
  2. Having to ask kids to slow down, listen, behave
  3. Watching a kids sneeze and the boogers fly out of his nose
  4. The smell of the pig pen
  5. The allergies I got from the hay

I have to say the good always outweighs the bad from an overall view of the event...but sometimes the bad can stick with you a little too long...shake it off!

No comments: