Thursday, October 9, 2008

Give me back my hours

It is uncertain how today will play out due to one main factor....I WOKE UP AT 4am! There was no big noise or even snoring that jarred me awake....I just awoke, full stop. I did try and try (and the more you try the more you wake up I learned) but no sleep came. Then, when my husband started his 'puffing snoring', I was done! In the past 3 or so years, I've noticed that my husband does a weird 'puffing noise' with his mouth if he is flat on his back. It ranks up there with scratching your fingers on the chalk board for me (sorry babe). Anyway, once the puffing began, I was outa' there.

Since 4:30am I've caught up on emails, written a document for a meeting tomorrow (I mean today), pushed paper around on my desk and now I am ready for the family to awaken so I can make noise in other parts of the house. I actually like to be up early to 'be ready for the day'...but 4am is pushing it. Given that my husband is off to India this morning, it could be an interesting day AND week, if I cannot recoup the hours of sleep I'm missing. You might want to watch the evening news for reports of a mom who has gone whack-o. Please put in a good word with the judge for me!

No comments: