Saturday, October 4, 2008

Group Hug

My husband has been on the road again this week. While he was making his way home from Chicago, the kids and I were at the school Carnival (them running amuck, me working it). He wasn't due home until 11pm, but he was able to get home earlier. So, when we spilled into the house at 9:30 (after having Mexican food (and beer for me) with friends), Daddy was already home. We were ALL happy to see him home and we had a family group hug. It was truly a tender moment and all of us had smiles and the "warm fuzzies". We're whole again....but not for long. Daddy leaves again next Wednesday for more than a week. He gets to fulfill a desire he's had ever since I've known him. He is going to India for work. He LOVES Indian food, so now he'll get a taste of the real thing. Hopefully he doesn't bring home a cow as a souvenir our house isn't big enough!

No comments: