Saturday, November 29, 2008

All we are saying.....

They shall beat their swords into phoughshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation neither shall they learn war any more. Isaiah. 11.4

I just decided to dive into my $2 quote book and found this. It made me laugh and remember my 7th grade speech I made about the nuclear holocaust (that I was certain was going to happen). My father was instrumental in finding this bible quote for me. I don't know if my fixation on the doom of the world was because of my outlook on life, the hormones raging in my body in those pubescent days or the fact that my dad was somewhat involved in the arms race. Each of us had to make a speech that year and mine was pretty dire I guess. I don't believe I ever really paid attention to the words from that passage, but they still resonate today in terms of wanting peace and a unified outlook on humanity. I am doing my best to live a peace-filled life and if we could all do the same perhaps we could approach the sentiments of this bible verse. What is the harm in trying?

No comments: