Monday, November 17, 2008

Clean Mind, Body and Soul

Every Monday at 10am I have a class via telephone.
Every morning prior to the class I clean.

The cleaning is a quick paced run around the house picking up, wiping down, sweeping, taking trash out, loading the laundry, making beds kind of clean.

As much as I'd like to say I do this because I am such a neat and tidy person, I actually believe it has something to do with my 10am class.

It feels almost like a meditation ritual for me to have my home 'prepared' for ME when I have my enlightening hour and a half call.

I have likened it to nesting and I am preparing for the 'birth of the new me'.

Besides being clean for my calls though, it is a great way to start the week and frees up my time to either go 'deeper' into my cleaning later, or just to have the house tidy for when my husband comes home because he is a 'tidy house' kind of guy and I'm DESPERATELY trying to honor that....and I feel more settled too when it is 'just so'. I am still waiting for the cleaning person to knock on my door and say, surprise, I've decided to give away a weekly cleaning to YOU for the rest of your life....'on the house'. Is that at all possible? Universe, are you listening?


No comments: