Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Feelin' good in the Neighborhood

I just felt like writing that title because it rhymes so well...imagine it being said gooood, and hooood too...it just was fun to say.

Anway, the reason why I wanted to use those words is because that is how I'm feeling about my coaching 'ride' I am on. I've been actively coaching people for about 3 weeks now and it feels awesome. It feels exactly right to be going down that path....that is not to say I've not stumbled and skinned my knees from the Stones in my path...but I like this path...it is goooood in the neighborhooooood. I want more of this feeling and I want it NOW (ala Verca Salt).

I've been just taking it all in, reading, coaching, listening, connecting, writing, thinking, brainstorming...all kinds of 'ings' around this and I like how I'm spending my time.

I must give a shout out to my parents for MOST of this energy and passion. They were so supportive of me in my life and because of it, I fell into my master's degree in industrial and organizational psychology (say that 5 times fast) so effortlessly, which lead to management consulting, and so on and so forth. Now in this time of my journey they have been my ultimate cheerleaders and have really made this a possibility for me (they know what they've done). The way that I was 'pushed over the threshold' for this was by my mother. She said that if I did this, it would be somewhat of a gift to her because in her past she denied herself some soul 'filling' endeavors because of circumstance and misguided advice and I was essentially doing it for HER and all other women who have given up on a dream (well maybe not that deep, but something like it). So, she made me feel empowered to take this on JUST FOR ME...to find out what I can do and to create a life that I want....so...my dear mother....I am grateful to you and I love you dearly (and you too daddy). Big Hug! Now I'm off to follow the yellow brick road....lions and tigers and bears...oh my!

No comments: