Saturday, November 15, 2008

Circle of Healing

Last night my family participated in a wonderful ancient ceremony we like to call...KILL THE NITS. We (really "I") decided to have a healing ceremony to finally end our journey with these critters (actually the shampoo bottle says to do the treatment 7 days after first application). We stood in a circle, held hands, closed our eyes and took some yoga breaths (well Monkey did heiena breaths). Then I asked all members of the tribe to visualize the tops of their heads seeing cleanness, shiny scalps (like glistening water on an ocean), to visually run their fingers through their scalps and describe what you see...I had everyone yell...NOTHING. Then we chanted..."Our family is Nit Free, our family is nit free, our family is nit free". Then we ceremoniously doused our heads with pesticidal shampoo (not really but I'm sure there is something toxic in it) then we combed with nit combs. In the middle of our hair treatments I had a revelation....we should no long say NIT FREE because just saying the word (I'm not going to write it again by the way) may be telling the universe that we want more of them....so our new family mantra is.....drum roll.....We have Healthy Hair (WHHH), We have Healthy Hair, We Have Healthy, Hair....WHHH - eeeeeee....and then my husband called some people and I am now wearing a nice new WHITE jacket and I'm typing this with my mouth and a pen because the jacket strangely makes it hard to use my hands! tra-la-la-la...peace out.

No comments: