Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Busy Readying

Today I am busy 'readying' my house for our lovely guests, my brother and his kids. We are excited to have them for the rest of the week to enjoy our city, family time, Thanksgiving and whatever else transpires. I know that my brother wouldn't care if our house was a pig sty, but it is not in my nature to allow guests in our house without a little cleaning. My husband is actually more 'worried' about cleaning for guests than I am which makes for an interesting mix. He makes me so 'uncomfortable' when he is buzzing around the house doing his cleaning. Firstly, his cleaning schedule and mine are not always in sync. Secondly, his standards of clean are different than mine (picked up is clean to him). Thirdly, he sometimes moves my piles OR culls them and that drives me crazy. What he does is moves my piles INTO THE CENTER OF THE ROOM SO THAT I HAVE TO DEAL WITH THEM....instead of leaving it neatly stacked on the surface that I HAD DECIDED TO PUT IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. I've asked him NOT to move my piles and it still seems to happen. One day I'm going to move the pile exactly back from whence he moved it and see how that plays out. Did you know that in England "piles" is actually the term for Hemorrhoids....which equates to Pain in the Ass...which is what I feel about Ed moving my piles.

Anyway, those are my issues and my thoughts not his so at some point I should just accept this 'dance' we do and take care of what I want and he what he wants. But word to the wise, don't be messing with my piles!!!!

No comments: