Saturday, November 8, 2008

Only a matter of time

Lice has been rampant in ALL of the schools in our area...even the posh-fancy-dancy-sought-after ones. Our school has only had a smattering of cases (that I know of). Weeeeellllll, my daughter's good friend noticed some 'hoppers' in Princess' hair yesterday at school. My daughter of course said NO I DON'T. Her friend's family, CLEANEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD had it this summer and so since they are experts, they inspected Princess and sure thing there were critters. How fun for me! I sent both my kids home (Monkey in tears and Princess' pride crushed). I got the 411 on what we should do (they paid a significant amount of money to delouse their home which isn't an option for us). She sent me home with a nit comb, shower caps, fancy sprays and bottles and an instruction sheet. Our house went immediately into lockdown mode.

Last night we alternately smelled like salt and vinegar chips with a side of Tuna Salad as I 'deloused' 2 kids and myself. Princess wins the prize with the most showings, but both Monkey and I had a few suspicious things in our hair. My husband who has few hairs to begin with, went out to buy the industrial strength stuff for him (and probably for all of us today). He of course doesn't have it so it seems that this whole process has become my issue to clean up...of course he IS helping but doesn't seem as 'put out' by the whole thing. Even this morning I asked him to help comb the kids hair for me while I am on a call for my class, and he said he doesn't know how....WELL MR MICROSOFT smart dude, I didn't know how either 18 hours ago, but somehow "I" figured it out....I didn't win on that one because I still am going to be doing it AFTER my call. Must now go and continue my efforts for a "NIT FREE" home....
PS...no I didn't take the picture!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ewwwww.

Chris
www.ChrisMoreau.com