Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I met Obama last night....

Last night I fell asleep with CNN covering every nook and cranny of the election. As you might guess the name Obama was repeated like a gazillion times. I think that is what caused me to have a very strange dream last night.

I needed a ride home from some election event and a limo stopped to offer me a ride. It was Obama himself who offered and I hopped in. He didn't scooch over so I was sitting entirely too close to the man and felt slightly awkward (like I was cheating on my husband). I offered him my congratulations and began to give him advice on what he should do next (more from a day-to-day perspective not a running-the-country perspective). I suggested that he should have his children meet Chelsea Clinton so that she could give them pointers on what it is like to be in the White House. At the end of our journey he was dropped off at a friends' house and invited me in. There was a bustle of activity at this house and Obama was whisked away to grab some shut eye. I was enveloped into the house and its goings on and I felt very out of place, but didn't want to end my visit. I made myself useful by cleaning up kids' toys, clearing dishes etc. All the while I was waiting for the people to acknowledge that I was an impostor.
It was a very strange dream and may have tons of underlying hidden meanings. But, the main thing of this is I awoke laughing at myself for having such a dream. I've also dreamt in my life that Jennifer Anniston and I are friends...so there you go! Back to reality for me : ).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There might also be no meaning at all besides the fact that you have been saturated with pre-election, election, and now post-election coverage. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. :-)
Chris
www.ChrisMoreau.com