Friday, November 28, 2008

Playing Tourist

Isn't it the case that you never explore your own hometown as much as when you're on vacation somewhere else? Today I had the opportunity to play tourist with my brother and niece. We started out at the 5 Spot for brunch which is now our favorite place to take our guests. We did the Underground Tour which I had not done in the 2.5 years we've been here. We also went into local 'must do' stores, had a snack at an Irish Pub and just spent a lovely day out and about (even in the drizzly rain). I had a fun with my camera too and have tons more 'footage' for my posts (actually my niece had the camera for most of the time, but I'm going to claim them as mine because they are 'my style'). It is now 'nap time' for all so, off to get in cozy clothes, wrap up in a blankie, turn on the boob tube and let the afternoon "happen" however it must. I love these types of days especially when there are bodies in the house doing the same 'nothing' that I am.



No comments: