Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Just one of those days

I had one of those crazy, insane, busy, rushy, tiring days. I believe it was 'meant to be' because I asked for it. All week long people asked how I was doing with my husband being gone. I was like...."its all good, I'm go with the flow, no biggie...EXCEPT the last day always seems to be a sticky one where I'm at my wits end"...BAM, the universe delivered what I asked for.

I don't even remember half of what happened today except Soccer Cleats being too small which seemed so similar to yesterday morning's debacle with my daughter missing the bus because of ill-fitting shoes. I am convinced that all of the rain from last week made her feet grow a whole shoe size. This girl is NOT FLEXIBLE when it comes to having uncomfortable feet. My thoughts are...hey babe, 'get used to it', to have those fancy shoes you covet of mine (and wear daily when you're pretending to be an adult)...they ain't always so comfy...'suck it up'...but I'm saving that one when I really need to give her a zinger. So...shoes not fitting, that is one memory...theeen it was...yes...the STINKIN' Yamagotchi pets my kids talked me into 'floating their allowance to buy'....this was at 8pm, of course then they had to activate the bloody things and then, they pushed wrong buttons and they had to start over, then, they wanted to put in a secret code but forgot it THEN...then I almost smashed the little 'creatures' into the ground. So we figured out how to get them to sleep BUT somehow maybe we didn't read quite correctly because I keep hearing random noises from the kitchen where I have them 'hidden away' until we have time to really understand the things. Poor Monkey has grown a little 'scared' of the thing and actually asked if we saved the receipt so we can return it. I must have been INSANE to say yes to this toy...I remember as a teenager someone having one and it was a PITA (look it up)...why did I think they'd changed since then? So....shoes and 'little shits' (not the kids but the crazy toys...well maybe a little bit 'the kids' too) have caused me to have nachos and Mikes Hard Lemonade (x3) for dinner....'Nuff Said!!!!!

No comments: