Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Reading

My friend and I decided for our birthday to get our cards read. This is my first (I was a Tarot virgin) and a year ago, I'd have been freaked out to do it.

Now I'm feeling all metaphysical and really jazzed by thinking about things in different ways. Sara was a great reader in that she was more like a coach than an airy fairy palm reader. It was exactly the speed I needed, I'd have been frightened if she was telling my future instead of the way she read what was resonating in my life right now. All I told her was that I was in transition and as she placed the cards on the table and I was "shocked" by what was unfolding. All kinds of words that totally fit me and my 'transition' to coaching were facing me. She told the meaning of each card and their placement (which is also important) and each time she did, I had a huge smile and stirrings in my belly....it was my life, it was my attitude toward it, it was my pitfalls in confidence, it was where I needed to be bold. She also used many terms and phrases that I had recently either uttered myself OR that I had been told the day before. I wish I had a recording of the reading because I've definitely 'lost' some of the juicy bits but the reading actually 'rooted' me in my conviction that I am on the right path and that the areas where I do feel at risk I need to trust, I need to sink into gratitude, I need to be confident, I need to cultivate....all kinds of juicy bits. LOVE IT. Another thing I learned is that I should really think about the words I use and how I present myself because words have meaning and by choosing words that are belittling my impact, my worth, my gifts...it serves ME no good AND it also denies people the true impact I can have on them....I TOTALLY agree with this, but culturally it is very hard for a person and certainly for a woman to "own our gifts" and to confidently (not braggingly) share what we know to be true about ourselves and the gifts we bring to the world. I BELIEVE this. The word that came to my mind when she was saying this is the word "just"...that word epitomizes what she is saying...I'm sure there are more words and phrasings that can also 'soften' our impact but JUST is a word that doesn't serve me (or anyone for that matter). I'm "just" starting. I AM starting, I AM becoming, I AM. I'm just a mom. I AM a mom. ....it 'just' doesn't add value to my life, so I now will notice when/if it comes out of my mouth. I also will practice (in the mirror like Stewart Smalley) the words I use about myself. What do I tell the world I AM. We ALL are powerful, we all are only on this planet for a short time, we ALL deserve to live a life that has meaning and is joyful....I can go on, but I do believe that if we hide our 'gifts' from the world EVERYONE loses. So...get ready world....my gifts are going to be shared (and I know that they've already been for some time). To move with the metaphor of the gift...especially related to my 'transition into a healer/coach'...at this moment, I think I've narrowed down the store, and am in the right aisle of my 'gift getting' but now need to pick the right 'size, color, quality, quantity etc"...then I'll wrap it up, put a huge bow on it and offer it to the world...soon, soon, soon.

No comments: