Monday, April 6, 2009

Wake up call

Here is what I think the universe thought this morning:

Hmmmm....we have a dilemma here. Chief and her kids need to wake up to get ready for school. They're still sawing the zzzzz...how can I wake them when she hasn't set the alarm? Hmmmmm....I know, I'll give her a gentle 'nudge' to look at the clock, THEN I'll change the time to an hour later than it is (8:30 vs 7:30) so that she'll bolt out of bed and get her feet on the ground. 'Cuz, if I put the REAL time (7:30am) she'll roll back over and go back to sleep. Mission accomplished.

For some very odd reason I awoke, looked at the clock and it said 8:30...my first thought...Oh shit, I gotta get the kids up and out the door in 15 minutes. I burst into my daughter's room and her clock said 7:30...so then I checked one more clock and it said 7:30...I was able to 'stand down' my fretting but boy was I tempted to jump back in bed...the universe would not have looked so kindly on that response though...that is where the nudge would no longer come and the kids would be late and havoc would ensue.
So, I got everything ready in a very calm and timely manner UNTIL, my daughter decided that every shoe that she owned no longer fit and so the bus came and went (with Monkey on it but not her) while we negotiated the shoe crisis and I drove her to school....so in the Yin and Yang of this scenario, the universe decided it would help me get moving on my day, but she decided not to make it too easy. That was my payment for her creative solution to my need to awaken. Touche!

No comments: