Thursday, April 23, 2009

Motivation

Every morning my friend and I call each other to decide if we can walk/run together. It is one of those scenarios where some days we're both raring to go, others where one is ready and the other isn't too motivated and then there are the 'stand off' days where we both aren't really keen on it but knows that the other might call....those days the call comes a little later, and then we gently decide that it will be in our best interest to go. After we are out and doing the walk/run its fine and we enjoy ourselves and the day is much better with oxygen in the lungs and some fresh crisp air to make us 'plucky'. Today I called my friend 'hoping' that she was going to be busy or something....she wasn't....so I'm just about to tie my shoes and head out the door.

Now that we've added spurts of running, I have to say there is more 'complaining' during the walks....it sounds like this. "I think I might throw up"; "My right leg is numb"; "I should have worn a better bra"; "My butt fat hurts" - real pretty, eh?

No comments: