Monday, September 15, 2008

Eewww, Awwww

Today I was going to post about our experience at Wild Waves which is the Eewww of things. Then this morning I had and Awwww experience...so I'll do both.

Yesterday was a great family day for us. We drove a shorter than expected drive (45 vs. 90 mins) to Wild Waves. Four of us got in for $0 (we did have to pay $10 for parking). We spent the first half of our visit on the 'dry rides' and had a great time. We, as parents, now realize that Monkey loves thrill and Princess loves chill on the rides. Here are a few of the Eewww...
  1. My belly when riding the teacups...something happened after having babies that makes these kind of spin rides intolerable.
  2. Touching all the rides in the park that seem quite dirty
  3. Watching someone wretch after the very mild 'Paratrooper' ride.
  4. Still riding the Paratrooper ride (which did turn my tummy a bit)

Then we went to the "wet" part of the park and lets just say, I was dreading this a bit. Firstly, as much as it was warm yesterday, it wasn't boiling hot. So, water and chilly, not my thing. So, I was given permission by all family members to sit it out. As I was sitting there I thought..."I don't want to be the mom who is a 'Pansie' and can't try to enjoy this time as a family and MAYBE actually enjoy it in the process". So I bit the bullet, found my daughter (so she could SEE that I was going to take the "plunge"...pun intended). Well my first time down one of the smaller slides was Coooooold and I was not sure how long I could handle it. We then moved up to a more 'intermediate' level with inter tubes and the water was actually warm. The ride was somewhat fun but annoying too because I kept getting caught in whirlpools and unable to make it DOWN the slide (only spinning AROUND). The kids of course loved it, but I sat out the second run. Then I actually was talked into (and my husband did NOT want to go), down a really fun, fast, turny slide. I think I got "points" with my daughter for doing it. So, can I say that I LOVED doing all the water things...noooo. Am I glad I did it....yesss. Now for the Eewwww

  1. Lots of people in skimpy bathing suits who shouldn't be
  2. Swimming with all of 'tar-nation' in one big pool
  3. Looking at the pool's wall and seeing the 'scumline' that is etched on the wall
  4. Changing in the bathroom.

Through all the eewwws, the day was great and I know that we'll go back....but showers are REQUIRED right when we get home.

Now my Awwww. This morning my daughter finished her breakfast, pushed away from the table, started to head to the bathroom to brush her teeth, backtracked, and planted a loving kiss on her brother's forehead (on her on volition)....how can a mother not cry at that...I had a tear and my heart is so big this morning. I love my kids.

No comments: