Monday, September 29, 2008

Stop saying my name!

Yesterday was the 'home stretch' for being a single parent. My husband had spent the weekend in Nebraska living like a college dude (except for the swank Hotel) cheering on his "Hokies". I was home with my munchkins who are a great set. I really never have any major issues minus a sensitive (to a fault) son and a pre-teen-Esq (to a fault) daughter. On the whole, things always go swimmingly. Yesterday I was "T minus 8 hours" until daddy came home and somehow I was on edge. It seemed that when one child had finished saying "mommy" the next was up with another "mommy" and so on and so forth. Out loud I'd say "yes honey, yes dear, yes darling...etc" in the inside I was saying "WHAT THE bleep IS IT NOW"!!!!

It seems that no matter the length of the travel, the last day or two (or hours depending on the duration of a trip) can be a doozy for me. Yesterday was no different. To top it off, my son decided to scrape his thigh on a rock...in my mind I'm all "Of course, 3 hours until daddy comes home and you HAVE to injure yourself!". Daddy finally came home, but he was "TOAST". At age 41, acting like a college dude is way different than doing it at age 21....so he was good for very little. Of course when I heard "mommy, mommy, mommy", I would say GO ASK YOUR DAD!

No comments: