Monday, September 1, 2008

My Mantras

As this is essentially the beginning of a new year in terms of school and my new course beginning next week, I am announcing my "new year" mantras.

One is "It's all good". I started saying this a few weeks ago and by chance it turns out that Byron Katie in 1,000 Names for Joy says that too...even if things are not so good. She essentially believes that all good and bad is supposed to be, it is the right thing to happen whenever it does happen, and even when it seems to be a bad thing..."It's all good".

My next one is something my mom wouldn't be proud of, but it is going to work for me. When I am sweating the small stuff or worrying about this that and the other thing, I'll be saying "It doesn't f'ing matter". This will be my survival tool for this year in terms of the PTA Prez and soccer coaching that I'll be doing. I'm planning NOT to say it for my Martha Beck coursework.

So here is where I start using these mantras....I did not make my 200 mile goal by Sept 1st. I was 2 miles short. However my house is clean (and I probably walked 2 miles cleaning it)...so "It doesn't f'ing matter". And, the fact that I was "this close" to making it..."It's all good"....Now I'm off to share some yummy pulled pork BBQ (made by my husband) with our great friends....It IS all good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Willie J. says it too: "It's all good!"
Chris
www.ChrisMoreau.com