Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Future of ME

For my class I had to describe myself 3 years from now IN DETAIL. It is called the Endgame. Well, I'm putting it out into the universe (via Internet). Read below. I know along the way the words will be tweaked, my client descriptions will be more specific, and my desires might be different...but this is what it is for now.

It is 2011. I am a certified Master Martha Beck coach. I wake up in my clean “well-appointed” but reasonably sized (ie not too big and not too small) home. I go for an invigorating walk. I bathe and put on my current, stylish clothing (that includes some new and some ‘vintage’ pieces). I head to my office (in my house) to check my calendar. My week is busy but manageable. I have 5 clients to work with individually (via phone). I am also running a tele seminar about “living your best life” this week and I’m facilitating a meeting for business professionals. The clients I have on my list are successful adults (mainly women) who want a push to become better at what they do, achieve a long sought after goal, or would like to redirect their path to be less stressful and more fulfilling. I consult on a variety of topics both business-related and life-skill related. My schedule allows me to be sufficiently busy but is flexible so that I can be available for my children, spend time reading what I’m interested in (both to stay current in my work and for fun) and to have time for exercise and free time to do what I want. I also dabble in my photography business when the timing and clients are a good fit for me. I am beginning to write a column for a well respected journal which I’m planning to dovetail into a successful book.

I am making $150,000. This income (combined with my spouses) allows me to have a cleaning person, a personal trainer, take yoga regularly, weekly date nights with my husband where money is not a consideration in what we chose to do, a family trip planned and a trip with just my husband and me (where we fly my parents in to watch the kids). I am able to update mine and my children’s wardrobes in the way I see fit (I still will shop at consignment stores but more often). All of my home improvement projects are planned and/or in progress. I am happy, fulfilled, spiritually and intellectually engaged, physically fit, and financially successful.

By the way...the last statement....

I am happy, fulfilled, spiritually and intellectually engaged, physically fit, and financially successful.

I'm on that path now (pretty close)....so the details above are incredible additions to an already awesome life (at least in my opinion which is all that counts). By the way....Try this out yourselves....and then put it out into the universe and see what transpires, be specific, be authentic, feel the feelings of what it would be like with that life. Only good can come of it. Dream!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you get that last bit, the rest falls into place, yes?
I think you're a success already.
My two cents...
Chris
www.ChrisMoreau.com