Monday, September 8, 2008

Harness the energy

This morning I kept saying to myself; "Today is the first day of the rest of your life". I know it is corny, but that is what came to mind. I was on fire this morning.

I woke up, got the kids to school with no issues (and that is good for a Monday), immediately went for a 2 mile walk/run, came home and straightened the house, made beds, cleaned bathrooms and then showered all in time for my first morning (10am) class with http://www.marthabeck.com/ . I'm so excited to get going on this new phase of my life. The program has so many interesting people, with varied backgrounds and approaches. It will be so cool to go through this process with them.

I have to find a coaching 'buddy' for the program. I put my profile up on the website...but funny...I have this feeling that I might be the 'last picked for dodge ball'....I don't know why. I guess I have to get the guts to go out and pick someone myself. Whenever I start something like this, I always do the naughty self talk about not being good enough....I need a little bit of Stuart Smalley sessions from Saturday Night Live....look into the mirror and say "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and gosh darn it, people like me."

No comments: