Saturday, January 31, 2009

Blockhead

Yesterday was not the best day for my husband's or my foreheads. Are you intrigued? Would you like me to tell you the reasons? Have I piqued your interest? OK you've twisted my arm, I'll tell....

Yesterday morning my husband was being such a loving husband and trying to get ready in the dark so that I could remain asleep a little longer before the day was to start. He successfully got himself dressed but in an effort to leave the room, he held his hands out to feel for the door and then proceeded to walk right into the door which was open and met him square in the middle of his forehead...his hands never hit the door but his head surely did. Well of course he thinks "now that's gotta leave a mark" and goes on to check to make sure he doesn't have some huge knot on his head for his very important stressful meeting that day. Luckily there were little to no signs of his 'misstep' but what a way to start the day, eh...all in the name of love too!

Fast forward to last night. I was getting my gym clothes on and as I slipped my shirt over my head I swiped my fingernail right down the middle of my forehead. I felt it, it kinda hurt but I thought it was just owie not something that would leave a mark. Was I EVER WRONG. I have a lovely BRIGHT RED (as in blood red) very fine line running down the middle of my forehead and it STILL HURTS. It is like a paper cut on my forehead. How do you explain that one? Well, I was liking an envelope and it cut me? It is so obvious that I told my daughter that from now until it is healed, people who talk to me will only be able to look at my forehead not my eyes. I was trying to come up with a really good story and here is one I came up with...tell me if you think this is good.

I've been having some awful headaches lately and the doctors have no cure so they looked in the alternative medicine books and found an ancient technique where your 'bleed' the patient to relieve the pain. Since it was a headache they cut a tiny slit into my forehead to release the pressure and the blood. How about that?
Not convincing....aww shucks...I guess I'll just have to tell the truth that it was a tiny slip of the hand that caused such an amazingly obvious AND PAINFUL mark. If you see me please TRY to look in my eyes! Thanks.

No comments: