Friday, January 9, 2009

Brangelina are my friends

OK...so I did sleep last night (still had some couch time too...grrr). I had a dream about hanging out with Brad and Angelina. I was in their home just 'chillin'. I remember white pretty blouse, lips, a goatee and a comfortable conversation about things. There were babies too. I know that I was asking them about films they made, the process of film making etc. It wasn't a crazed fan kind of interaction it was a curious 'respectful' one. What was that all about?

I have had dreams about other stars...curiously several with Brad's ex Jennifer Anniston. They all involve me being in 'awe' that I'm with them, but trying to be a cool cat with them so they don't think that I'm fawning.


Have I ever met famous people...sort of....I've seen a few and one slept in my house, but they aren't the super famous A listers....here is my list.

Robbie Benson ('80s actor) with his wife and daughter Lyric in a Rome McDonalds. All my friends went to get his autograph, I rushed to the bathroom because I didn't want to make a scene for the poor family who were probably just trying to have a family meal (if you can call it that at McDonalds)

Bob Zelnick (ABC Pentagon Correspondent) sat next to me on a puddle jumper and I talked to him about my military brat life. I had secret hopes that he could get me into some kind of journalism internship...I never followed through though.

Andi McDowell at the mall in Charlotte, NC. I saw her in a store and peeked in then rushed away because I didn't want her to notice that I was looking at her.

Aaron Neville at the gate in an airport...he has a huge mole (not that I can talk) and tons of tattoos. I just looked...didn't touch.

Kelly Perdew...now this is my closest. My husband knows him and attempted to do a business deal with him after he won the Apprentice. He had a media thing near where we lived in Charlotte so he stayed in our guest room. We took him out 'on the town'...if that is possible in Charlotte... and then he and I ended up dancing until closing time at a bar and had breakfast at the Waffle House (husband wasn't feeling well that night).

After that, I think 'notsomuch'. I notice that when I see or know that a celebrity is around, I tend to actually flee versus rush. I think I don't want them to think that I am annoying. I can tell in my dreams that I want to have a mature relationship with pretty much everyone in my life and a celebrity probably would make that difficult just because of the dynamics of that whole industry. I look, with humor, at myself and my thoughts on this...so I thought I'd share.

There are people in my life that do come in contact with celebrities. My sister-in-law lives where celebrities are rampant - NYC. She also lives in a neighborhood that isn't uncommon to have them milling around. Her latest story is that Dustin Hoffman held her coffee and the door for her as she tried to manage the baby stroller, her coffee...AND HIM!

We have friends from when we lived in London that definitely 'hang' in those circles. The coolest story they had is that Hugh Grant showed up at their flat in London to see about buying it (they were living in it as 'housing' for his job). Elizabeth Hurley (it was when they were together) also showed up at the place to look. They talked about knowing Elle McPherson pretty well. I'm sure there are more we don't know about.

Its all fun and games and fun to talk about (my husband has stories of George Clooney, Nicole Kidman and maybe a few others). Our interactions are great stories to share with friends. BUT, what WOULD I do if I truly did meet an A Lister. Do I really want to....why do I dream about it? Hmmmmmm.....

1 comment:

Jenny said...

My list? or at least those I can remember and recognize..

Mohammid Ali
Mr. T
Richard Lewis
Tyce Diorio (judge on So You think you can Dance?)

Local news people:
Andy Wappler
Cam Jansen
Gary Chittam