Friday, January 30, 2009

Moving onward and upward

OK...here is my confession. I do not do well in January. I tried to change that this year. I was prepared to counteract my issues and work through them and NOT do like I do in other Januaries. Admittedly, I did better than last year....but I have some work to do. What is my "issue"? I get into a slump. I lose my energy to do normal daily activities, I would prefer to stay in jammies all day than to get out and about, I set goals for the day and achieve nothing. Some days I read all day and no housework gets done. It feels like an amorphous blob of low energy, low drive and just blah! I attribute this to the upswing of December with Christmas, travel, eating too much, imbibing too much etc. When January hits...I've had it with that stuff and I kind of just 'drop it all'. As I see the last days of this month coming, I actually feel a legitimate excitement for February. I'm starting to set achievable goals. I can see my energy increase. I want to clean my house (ish - really I think it is a Superbowl party that is creating this desire to clean). I have made plans for the month. I can feel my desire for an increased 'energy' toward my coaching practice coming. I am beginning to buzz.

So...hats off to January. I didn't NOT enjoy it, it was just as it was...an amorphous blob. I'm ready willing and able to move to a higher energy level. Am I the only one with this issue? Just curious.

1 comment:

Bob Yoder said...

It sounds like you may not be taking your Vitaman D?

If you are, I can't help you anymore.