Tuesday, January 27, 2009

FB

I just joined Face Book on Sunday. I had been prodded before to do it, but this past week 5 different people told me I should try it....so I joined. It felt almost like drug dealers pushing drugs and I took the bait...and by the way FB is like a drug. I can see that it is a time zapper already and I'm just getting to know my way around it. I already have my Internet issues with blog stalking (me doing the stalking) and YouTube strolling and general online waste so, this will be another added distraction.

I've had so much fun finding random people from my past. As much as I'm an extrovert and make friends easily, my life as a nomad has made me feel a little lonely. Lonely in that I didn't really have any High School reunions to go to, OR I don't have the story of that one friend that I went all the way from Kindergarten to High School with, OR that big network of friends who can fill you in on every one's life (not gossip just general curiosity). Just this week I was reminded of friends from my neighborhood in elementary school, high school contacts I'd forgotten about and some college friends I hadn't 'seen' in ages. There is something about just knowing that they are still 'there' makes me feel less lonely. Anyway, this little distraction has been a nice 'security blanket' for me this week that I'm sure will become more robust and interesting as the months go by. I am now imposing a NO INTERNET zone for myself for the next hour so I can clean the house, read some homework and other general real life stuff. I couldn't close the Internet without my daily blog though! Signing off for now.

No comments: