Saturday, January 24, 2009

Energy goes where attention flows

I am trying a little experiment (which isn't going well) where I try my best to not focus on the negativity around me and find what is positive in my life. These times make it very hard not to divert my attention to what is going on in the world. Last night I spent some time discussing the current 'situation' at Microsoft and what that means for us and actually for the whole economy in general. Those discussions while being realistic are really focusing on something that is negative and stressful. There is something to be said for contingency planning, tightening the belt and all that, but in reality nothing has changed for us right now AND we have NO IDEA what will happen in the future...so how much time SHOULD be spent on the what ifs and the maybes?

Today I plan to enjoy my family, my kids' basketball games, time with my husband and sorting out my house....that is what is reality right now and that is positive...so I will spend my energy there (for today).

No comments: