Thursday, March 26, 2009

Good Enough


This week's busy-ness has really allowed me to witness something fabulous....there IS such thing as 'good enough' and it isn't to the perfectionist-level that I've thought all along. For example, I had homework due today that I had but 5 minutes to work on it...so I did what I could in that 5 minutes, submitted, slapped my hands together and said...DONE. I didn't fret over how fabulous it was going to be, if it was actually what I needed to do, if I was going knock some one's socks off...NO, I just did what I felt worked for me at the time and called it a day. And...by golly, the world did not come crashing down around me....fascinating.
I'm going to keep this little gem of a life lesson in my hip pocket because my next task is to clean the house for my party tomorrow...so 'good enough' is going to come in handy OR I'll spend all day cleaning and be bitter. When did I decide that everything in life had to be 'high standard', perfect, 110%? How has it served me? Where can I change the model and where is it still something to strive for? Only I can know, but I never asked before now...now I will ask is this something that deserves 110% or will 80% do...its still a passing grade and no one really f-ing cares at the end of the day! Maybe that is what turning 40 gives me...PERSPECTIVE!

No comments: