Friday, March 27, 2009

T - minus

I am 5 hours away from having a great evening with friends. In fact, MANY friends. My husband says that only one family could not attend...that is so amazing and humbling. I'm the type of gal who is fine with no 'obvious' light shining on me. I definitely can hold my own "in the light" but don't really need it to be happy. So, this party as much as it is FOR me, is more about me wanting to be surrounded by my friends, not the actual attention it will also bring. People are my power source. I need and love to connect with them and so that is what the gift of this party is; not the attention specifically ON ME. With all that said...I do think I should slap some makeup on and a pretty shirt so that I at least am presentable as our guests come...so, if you'll excuse me....my shower is calling.

No comments: