Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's Official

Firstly today I AM 40. No big change from yesterday except that my family is making me breakfast in bed and I think I'll be getting more emails than usual. I'm down with it all...and happy just as things are (minus maybe a few pounds, wrinkles and knee pains).

What is more exciting to me is that I actually have been officially blogging for a year now. This post happens to be my 359th, so oviously, I didn't quite make 'a post a day'. I blame internet connectivity and travel mainly...not desire. Here are my 10 thoughts about my year of blogging.

  1. It has become a necessary part of my day.


  2. I rarely have "nothing" to talk about


  3. I can make a story out of the mundane


  4. I love writing


  5. I have 'found my voice'


  6. I sometimes filter my thoughts/words because of family reading


  7. I hope to expand this 'writing thing' this year


  8. Some blogs 'write themselves' when I least expect it


  9. I enjoy marrying my photography with my writing


  10. I am looking forward to another 350 (something) blogs.

Hey 5 readers out there (maybe a few more)....do you have any thoughts on what my next year of blogging should look like? Thanks for humoring me by participating in my year of writing. Cheers!

PS My husband is awesome...he bought me the latest and greatest Nikon camera AND a new computer AND I'm going to Austin for 4 days with 'my girls'....maybe 40 ain't so bad after all.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Happy Birthday! I love being 40-something and I'm confident that you will, too.

I've only been reading your blog for a month or so, so maybe you've covered this. But I would love to know some details about marrying your photography and your writing. How do you keep your photos organized so that you can find the right photo for the current blog post?

Hear Me Roar! said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I love your blog just as it is, and especially the photos you always show along with your posts. As always, I'm amazed at your "eye". Oh yes, and congrats on both kids being student of the month in the same month (I was at the school yesterday and happened to notice)!

Kimberly said...

Welcome to the club! Happy Birthday. I enjoy your blog so keep it as it is. Your writing is very inspiring. Have a great time in Austin.