Monday, March 23, 2009

Tension-level = HIGH

I certainly have overachieving tendencies and I know I'm 'pushing them' on my children..... This week it will be biting me in the behind.

We have 2 science fair projects to get done, a sewing project (which was a bigger endeavor than we had thought but fun nonetheless), 2 book reports and then the normal homework and afterschool activities to deal with. So, my husband and I are 'dividing and conquering' on the science fair projects (ish). Husband's standards are a little less than mine in terms of 'display quality'. He is helping my son with his egg project (why can hens sit on their eggs without crushing them?). I am helping my daughter with her 'pruny finger' project. My son's display is all hand written ON the display board. Daughter's display will have construction paper and content GLUED to the display board (to make it 'pop'). Both kids are doing the actual "work" for the project, the parent is guiding/hovering (in my case). Anyway, it will be quite obvious that two different parents were "involved" in the projects which cracks me up. Tonight we are in our '11th hour" of getting the projects completed. So we'll be testing the strength of egg shells AND pruning some fingers in cold and hot water. If you happen to pass by the house, you'll notice the 'tension-level' will be maxed out due to kids getting annoyed with parents for asking them to write it ONE MORE TIME AND NEATER and parents getting annoyed when the kids AREN'T FOCUSED.

Of course these projects COULD HAVE BEEN DONE EARLIER...but what is the fun in that?

No comments: